We are happy to announce that Florian Rudroff was granted FWF Project with title, Biologisch inspirierte Alkenspaltung – BioZone
The key scientific challenges are the following:
- Find a biochemical substitute to the well-established chemical ozonolysis.
- Development of chemical probes to screen Nature’s huge sequence space efficiently and accurately.
- Novel biocatalyst: broad substrate scope, use a mild, cheap and sustainable oxidant (O2, air).
- Gain a deeper understanding of structure-function relationships for alkene cleaving NISEs.
- Easily expressible in a classical production host like E. coli & show a high process stability.